“Heidi Sand-Hart’s “Home Keeps Moving” authenticates the TCK experience. Her personal stories demonstrate the tangible reality of the TCK theories we have been reading and hearing about for years.” – Tina L Quick, author of The Global Nomad's Guide to University Transition

Wednesday 26 May 2010

"HOME"

As I sit on my roof terrace in London, Bollywood music from a neighbour's house floats in the air towards me...coated with spice and nostalgia. It brings warmth to my soul.
I cannot even bare to count the many cats I have had to give up on account of our constant moves. But life is sweet and a neighbour's cat has taken to visiting us on the terrace and accompanying us inside our home. It stretches out on our sofa, purring and content and I get that fuzzy feeling inside. I may never truly find my "home" but parts of it come to me every day in obscure and wonderful forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment